Adult Greek Language School
Teacher: George M. Cotzas, Tel: (518) 289-5637
For the NYS tri-city Greek Orthodox Churches
School Year 2022-2023
• The Adult Greek Language School, via Zoom, accepts students only through the NYS Capital District Greek Orthodox Churches.
These churches are: St. Sophia – Albany, St. George – Schenectady,
St. Basil – Troy. Maximum number of students: 30.
• Tuition: $300 per student. This includes the textbook for the first time a student takes any of the classes. The book is ‘Modern Greek’
8th Edition, by Th. Papaloizos.
• Instruction will be provided for three levels of student proficiency: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, one hour for each level, once a week. Three is the minimum required number of students per level, for a level to be offered. Said in another way, 9 is the minimum student number for all three levels to be offered in a given year.
• Students cancelling their registration before the 3rd session, will get a full tuition refund. There will be no refunds for a cancellation after the 3rd session of the school year.
• Classes will be held every Wednesday, starting at 5:00 pm for the Beginner Level, 6:00 for the Intermediate, and 7:00 pm for the Advanced Level.
• The school year begins on Wednesday right after Labor Day, it comprises 30 sessions and ends before mid-May.
• No classes will be held during the Holy Weeks of the Orthodox and Catholic/Protestant Churches, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day, and the time period between Xmas and New Year’s Day.